Tim Anger has had a keen interest in photography since early high school – his parents buying him his first SLR in 1980. After surrendering to the convenience of compact cameras in the mid 90s and then stubbornly venturing across the divide to digital, his passion for the medium was dramatically reignited by the purchase of a digital SLR in 2007. As a result, he determined to share his passion with a wider audience – beyond his family and friends. If he could, he’d probably spend every waking hour shooting, but there are only so many gigs of data that one man can store.
His first foray into the commercial world of photography was the exhibition titled, La brume de l’hiver, which translates as the Mist of Winter, held in 2008 at Le Très Bon French Restaurant in Bungendore, NSW. He has since gone on to exhibit in a number of galleries within Australia.
Anger’s background and formal education is in Civil Engineering and he is the driving force behind enigma CREATIVE MEDIA, a boutique web and graphic design agency.
The dedication to accuracy that engineering instils has created in Tim an eye for detail – one which he is now putting to creative use in capturing the world before his lens.
one hundredth gallery is working as a sales agent for Tim Anger.
To enquire about, or purchase Tim’s work, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at email@example.com or 0413 00 1234.
- 2011 ‘Access All Areas’ 2011, The PhotoAccess Members Show, Huw Davies Gallery, Manuka Arts Centre, Canberra
- 2011 ‘Floodlight’, Group exhibition and charity auction for Japanese tsunami relief. PhotoAccess, Huw Davies Gallery, Manuka Arts Centre, Canberra
- 2010 ‘la brume de l’hiver’ Solo exhibition, PhotoAccess, HUW DAVIES GALLERY, Manuka Arts Centre, Canberra
- 2010 Friends of Wollongong City Art Gallery Portrait competition Group exhibition
- 2010 Weereewa Festival Group exhibition, X Gallery, Bungendore
- 2010 Bungendore Show, Winner ‘Most Outstanding Exhibit’ for the image, ‘Operatic Flight’ from la brume de l’hiver
- 2009 ‘Access All Areas’ 2009 The PhotoAccess Members Show, HUW DAVIES GALLERY, Manuka Arts Centre, Canberra: winner People’s Choice Award for ‘Reflective Canal’ from la brume de l’hiver
- 2009 Linden Post Card Show Group exhibition, Linden Centre for Contemporary Arts, Melbourne
- 2008 ‘la brume de l’hiver’ Solo exhibition of images at Le Très Bon French Restaurant, Bungendore