I make canvases slashed and woven with found materials: scraps, waste and offcuts, to create beautiful impressions of my trip from the mountains to the urban coast incurred as artist in residence with Waverley Council while living in Western Sydney. The works combine painting and weaving in low-relief sculpture.
Themes involve wrapping and the body applied to various genres. While experimental, it is an enquiry into the nature of the feminine through deconstruction of the masculine. It is formed by process, chance and outcome, constructing the “beautiful” by using what is “overlooked”.
one hundredth gallery is working as a sales agent for Gail Carson.
To enquire about, or purchase Gail’s artwork, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at email@example.com or 0413 00 1234.
- BVA (SCA Sydney Uni)
- GDVA (SCA)
- Part hons Masters Art Theory (COFA NSW Uni) deferred
- Artist in Residence with Waverley Council 2012
- Collaboration: glass art workshop and animation project with Mark Eliott
- Teaching life drawing to adults in Blue Mountains
- Curating “Billow”, pop up gallery during Bondi the Beautiful Festival 2012
- Children’s creative workshops Bondi 2012
- Solo show: Bondi Pavilion August 2012
- Volunteer registration and handling of artworks for the Blacktown Art Prize 2011.
- Fibre art development 2010
- Returned to professional art practice & art industry after hiatus
- RT SCOPE: paintings, installation, photography, video, performance etc