At first the viewer is caught by the dynamic paint application as if in a whirlwind of pure life-force and vitality. Captured by the continuous passionate flow as rich layers of paint vary between dense dark zones and fine transparency.
This distinctive and original way of seeing broadens the Universal language of Abstract art with new visions of the present moment at the same time bringing with it a instinct for archetypal structures of humanity.
This wide expanse combines both a conscious and conceptual spontaneous approach within these enigmatic and tranquil sometimes challenging themes. These paintings contain the overriding presence of immediacy and objectivity required in this prolific approach.
Unintentional parallels hint of deeply felt connection as with aerial map like quality of unconscious and actual moving landscapes.
one hundredth gallery is working as a sales agent for William Holt.
To enquire about, or purchase William’s work, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at email@example.com or 0413 00 1234.
- 2005-2007 Master of Fine Art Monash University
- 2001-2004 Bachelor Of Fine Art ( Honours)-Painting
Recent Exhibition History
- 2011 Liminality, Karstens Gallery, Melbourne
- 2010 Explore, Karstens Gallery, Melbourne
- 2010 Unwrapped, United Galleries, Perth
- 2009 Hip Pop, United Galleries, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sydney
- 2009 Luminesence, Karstens Gallery, Melbourne
- 2009 30 x 40, United Galleries, Sydney
- 2008 New Directions, Karstens Gallery, Melbourne
- 2008 Transmogrified, Karstens Gallery, Melbourne
- 2008 My Own, Collingwood Gallery, Melbourne
- 2007 Undiscovered Universe, Gardiner Gallery, Melbourne
- 2007 Room D.120, Monash University Gallery, Melbourne
- 2007 Wilderness Society, Fad Gallery Melbourne
- 2007 Keep it in the ground (anti-uranium), Collingwood Gallery, Melbourne
- 2007 We Care, Osare Gallery, Melbourne
- 2007 The Garden Path, Toyota Community Spirit Gallery, Melbourne
- 2007 The World We Live In, Blue Diamond, Melbourne
- 2007 Art Melbourne, Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne
- 2006 Spontaneous Combustion, St.Kilda Town Hall, Melbourne
- 2006 Symbiotics – the art of co-existence, Toyota Spirit Gallery, Melbourne