Exhibition Ended Sunday 18 December. Works are still available for sale. Please email me with your enquiry.
Painting and creating for me always offers a unique experience into colour. When I work with paint I have the feelings of being connected to the present moment of painting and who I really am. I enjoy the process of painting and playing with colours and creating shapes. When I paint I let the present moment take over to create a painting that speaks the truth of paint and myself.
I usually like to use bright colours that are fun and cheerful. While there are wars and starvation in the world and we are all affected by the struggles of globalisation, I want to bring back happiness through paint, and colour. I work from the ideas of craft and the idea of the hand made as an integral element of my work. Expressionism and abstraction is the most honest way for me to express my inner feeling and ideas. I am influenced by contemporary cultural elements such as music, language, fashion and advertising. I am interested in the elements of what creates high Art and low Art or craft. I also play on these ideas and use irony with the art world and art culture, to create a deeper dialogue of what art is and who are artist. These influences create who I am and how culture has impacted on my life.
Creating ART is a passion I am absorbed by and the need to create and celebrate life and paint is how I feel towards my work. This body of work is a celebration of painting and colour. When people that see my work I would like them to connect with that energy and enjoy the depth of what colour and paint can do.
- 2010 Graduate Diploma in education Monash University
- 2008 Bachelor in fine art (painting) RMIT
- 2005 Diploma of visual art Holmesglen TAFE
- 2011 Melbourne Art Fair, Exhibition Buildings, Melbourne
- 2011 Brunswick St Gallery, small works show
- 2010 Brunswick St Gallery, small works show
- 2009 Linden Gallery, postcard show
- 2008 Graduate Exhibition RMIT, 74 steps
- 2008 Brunswick St Gallery, small works show
- 2008 RMIT Building 2, installation
- 2008 Linden Gallery, postcard show
- 2007 Meridian International School, Permanent Exhibition
- 2007 Glen Eira City Council Gallery, Holmesglen graduate show
- 2007 Linden Gallery, postcard show
- 2005 Kingston Gallery, Three opposites
- 2005 Collingwood Gallery, Girls just want to paint
- 2005 Vanguard Gallery, white out
- 2005 Rose street art show
- 2005 The Age art challenge (Prize won)
- 2005 Linden Gallery, postcard show
- 2005 Cilantro restaurant
- 2004 Southland spring show 2004, Sandringham art auction
- 2004 Bentleigh art exhibition
Awards and Collections
- 2005 The Age Art Challenge, Bentleigh Art Exhibition, Holmesglen Cilantro collection
Tina is exhibiting over 10 of her works in the front room of one hundredth gallery; along side works byTony Edelman in the middle room. Their exhibition ‘Colour Study’ starts on 30 November 2011 and runs until 18 December 2011.
Grand Opening | from 6.30pm Thursday 1 December