My paintings float freely between representational and abstract the colors, texture, and technique used reflect the emotions associated with each art piece. My abstract paintings are impulsive and intuitive.
My abstract paintings are impulsive and intuitive. I work directly onto the canvas without preliminary drawings or studies. This accounts for the freshness and immediacy in this artwork. In my representational paintings, I start with preliminary drawings and studies. Once the initial image is created on the canvas, I allow my intuition to freely guide the direction the piece takes. The passion to be creative is what motivates me to be an artist.
one hundredth gallery is working as a sales agent for Jennifer Sulaj.
To enquire about, or purchase Jennifer’s artwork, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 00 1234.
- 1993 Certificate of Art and Design Busselton Tafe
- 1994 Advanced Certificate of Art and Design Bunbury Tafe
- 1995-1996 Associate Diploma of Arts in Visual Arts, Edith Cowan University, Bunbury
- 1997 Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts, Edith Cowan University, Mt Lawley
- 1998 Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts (Honors) Edith Cowan University, Mt Lawley
- 1993 Tafe art Exhibition, Treeton Estate,MargaretRiver
- 1994 Forms in Focus,BunburyArtGallery
- 1995 Journeys & Miniatures –CyrilleanArtGalleries, Dunsborough
- 1995 Amberley Winery, Dunsborough
- 1995 Wearable Art of the South-West Awards, Busselton Arts Council
- 1995 Moss Brothers Winery, Food & Wine Festival,MargaretRiver
- 1996 Drawing from the Past Cyrillean Gallery, Dunsborough
- 1996 South West Survey,BunburyArtGallery
- 1996 Graduation Exhibition,BunburyArtGallery
- 1997 Graduation Exhibition, Edith Cowan University, Mt Lawley
- 1998 W.H.I.P. Exhibition,MooresBuilding, Fremantle
- 1998 Graduation Exhibition, Edith Cowan University, Mt Lawley
- 2003 Town ofVincent Art Award, Leederville
- 2004 Town ofCanbridge Art Award, Floreat
- 2005 Artist Direct,Cleaver Street WestPerth
- 2005 Affordable Art Fair,ExhibitionBuilding,Melbourne
- 2008 Art in Bloom,WestAustralianArtGallery,Perth
- 2010 The Fourth Show at North Gallery,Mindarie,WA
- 2010 Off the Wall, PSArtGallery,Fremantle,WA
- 2010 Porridge, Oats Factory,Carlisle,WA
- 2011 5 Senses,Claremont Art Framers and Gallery, WA
- 2011 City Life, Pamelia House Foyer, WA
- 2011 Inside – Out, The University Club,Crawley,WA
- 2011 Seasons,MooresBuilding,Fremantle,WA
- 2012 ArtMelbourne Fair,RoyalExhibitionBuilding,Carlton, VIC
- 1995 Dreams, Driftwood Winery,MargaretRiver, WA
- 2004 Memoirs of a Geisha, Lime Gallery, EastFremantle,WA
- 2006 Memories, Accent Gallery,Dalkeith,WA
- 2007 Yellow Hearts, Jewellery Lounge,Subiaco,WA
- 2012 Matilda Bay Restaurant,Crawley,WA
- 2004-2005 Artist Direct,Cleaver Street Studios,West Perth,WA
- 2009-2010 PS Art Studios,Fremantle,WA
- 2010 Oats Factory Art Studios,Carlisle,WA
- 2011 Pamelia House, Perth, Hawaiian Group
- 2011 Carillon Arcade, Perth, Hawaiian Group
Grants and Awards
- 1993 Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Arts Student’ by the Head of the Art and Design Department ofSouthWestCollege of Tafe, Bunbury
- 1995 Assisting Curator at Cyrillean Art Gallery, Dunsborough
- 2003 Assisting Curator at Mt.Hawthorn Fine Art Gallery, Mt Hawthorn
- 2004 Pivot Property Group for residential property for two large 2mtrs x 2mtrs Ceramic art pieces for bathroom walls.
- 1997 Selected by the Proprietor of the Reef Hotel to design and complete art on the walls of the Reef Hotel, Bunbury.
- 1995 Selected by the South West Regional College of Tafe, Bunbury to design for the 1996 Handbook in recognition of outstanding performance and excellence in work.
- 1996 Conflict a Source of Inspiration, South West Times
- 1997 Graduates, X-Press Magazine
- 1998 Shaking off the Shackles, Lynda Rovis-Hermann, Perth Weekly