Where we come from balances with the importance of where we are going. Life spins in an every increasing spiral. Momentum quickens, momentum slows, spiral increases, decreases, spins and spins on its own axis unable to stop. Even if it could stop, what would it say that it would want to? Life is a blur in my spiral, with images the snapshots of my ride. The things I hold close, the beliefs I… cling to as others engulf the spiral recur as the themes of the images.
Animal rights and environmental issues claim the largest part of my brain at all times. Travel and exploration is vital, from exploration of the planet to those dark little corners of my brain. Beauty is in everything. Look close into the defined ugly and beauty is always there, hidden, deep in its form and colour, ignored by the perceived definition of beauty. In a spiral, there is no ugly, there is no beauty, just colour and shape.
Painting and photography; is it possible to adore both? Or does it just show a stubborn unwillingness to commit to anything? Who knows?
Who cares? Both fulfill different pockets of curiosity and urges in my brain. Both keep me bouncing around like a hyperactive little bunny with a determined mission to help save the world in my own little way.
Georgia currently lives and works in Melbourne, Australia, and frankly has no plans of moving away from the city she loves – she does however, have a growing list of places she wishes to explore and adventures to be had – which does conflict with her ongoing urge to stay inside and paint.
one hundredth gallery is working as a sales agent for Georgia Laughton.
To enquire about, or purchase Georgia’s work, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 00 1234.
- 2011, ‘Do we have a Plan B?’, one hundredth gallery, Prahran.
- 2007, ‘Holy Cow’, Kerala Gallery, Northcote.
- 2011, ‘Running Out of Air’, Mad Gallery, Lancefield
- 2012, ’12A’, Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy.
- 2011, ‘On Black’, Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy.
- 2006, ‘Linden Postcard Show’, Linden Gallery, St Kilda.
- 2005, ‘Anthology’, The Fitzroy Gallery, Fitzroy.
- 2004, ‘All Class’, Cusp Gallery, Northcote.
- 2004, ‘Incurable Desire’, Cusp Gallery, Northcote.