Bendigo born abstract expressionist artist Carolyn O’Neill currently resides in Hamilton and is actively involved in the local art community.
Although her preferred medium is painting, she also enjoys drawing, mixed media collages and sculpture.
Her former career as a psychiatric nurse has left an indelible mark and the significance of self-expression is evident in the emotional connection with her work.
A short beginners painting course in Melbourne back in 2003 marked the beginning of her interest in art and Carolyn began to exhibit locally. However it took a move to W.A. in 2007 to consolidate her art via formal art studies. This shift in her confidence and ability led to her decision to pursue an art career.
Carolyn is married with 3 sons and manages to juggle family commitments with her art. Her need to paint as a therapeutic outlet during particularly stressful times is evident in her ability to convey her emotions onto canvas.
Fossicking through op shops and adding to her Mid Century collectables are a constant inspiration. Her home is also filled with an assortment of vintage art, craft, architecture and interior decorating books revealing her strong interest in design. An ongoing fascination with how objects connect together in their simplest form; particularly modernism also influences her work.
Carolyn’s creative process is an intuitive one; incorporating physical, spiritual and emotional aspects. Art encompasses every aspect of her life and her faith fuels her passion and is her anchor. Much of her subject matter is inspiration from music and biblical themes. However her central goal is for her art to have an emotional connection with her audience.
one hundredth gallery is proud to be working as a sales agent for Carolyn O’Neill.
To enquire about, or purchase Carolyn’s artwork, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 00 1234.
- 2008 – 2011Certificate II & IV Visual Art and Contemporary Craft (Tafe)
- 2013 Sentenced Zine, 2nd Edition. Darwin Visual Arts Association, Darwin N.T.
- 2012 Artfelt Art Prize, Salon De Refuse. Serpentine Gallery, Lismore N.S.W
- 2012 ‘Blue’ charity art auction for Beyond Blue. Curated by Mark & Henry (interior design/architect consultants) Sydney N.S.W
- 2012 Stockroom Group Exhibition, 100th Gallery Prahran VIC
- 2012 Abstraction, one hundredth gallery Prahran VIC
- 2011 Christmas Exhibition, Hope & Co Gallery, Hamilton VIC
- 2011 ’The South Western Times Survey’-finalist, Bunbury Regional Art Gallery, W.A.
- 2011 ‘A Night On The Vinyl’ charity art auction, Bunbury Regional Art Gallery, W.A.
- 2010 Colour Décor, Geraldton W.A.
- 2010 1 Biennal online exhibition –Diploma of Credit
- 2010 Tafe Group Exhibition, Dongara W.A.
- 2009 Dongara Fine Food Festival Art Exhibition, W.A.
- 2009 Colour Decor, Geraldton W.A.
- 2009 Geraldton Grammar Art Auction W.A.
- 2009 Tafe Group Exhibition, Dongara, W.A.
- 2008 Colour Décor, Geraldton, W.A.
- 2008 ACDC ‘Gold’ exhibition, Geraldton W.A.
- 2007 Provisions Cafe’ Williamstown, VIC
- 2007 Linden Gallery Postcard Exhibition, St Kilda,VIC
- 2007 ‘Art in Public Places’ Hobsons Bay VIC (Stained Glass series)
- 2007 Toyota Emerging Artist Exhibition-finalist, Port Melbourne VIC
- 2006 Group Exhibition at McCulloch Gallery, Melbourne City VIC
- 2006 Quenos Art Show, Altona Civic Centre VIC
- 2006 ‘Art in Public Places’ Hobsons Bay VIC (Clockwork series)
- 2005 Phaze 3 Gallery, Newport VIC
- 2005 Provisions Café, Williamstown VIC
- 2012 Arrival, Hope & Co Gallery, Hamilton VIC
- International Contemporary Artists Volume IV, page 197. ICA Publishing 2012