Born in Melbourne in 1949, she has been practising art over twenty-five years in schools and the community and she began abstract painting in 2005. Over the years Carolyn has worked collaboratively on many multi-arts projects with artists and musicians, scoping the multifaceted connections across the arts.
Her arts teaching experience has ranged from primary and secondary schools in NSW, Victoria and WA, to Notre Dame University, Fremantle, Curtin University and from 2001 – 2004, dance and interactive arts media at the State University of New York, Albany in the US. Carolyn trained in sculpture and painting at Coburg College of Advanced Education 1965-1968 during a teaching degree, gained a BA at Macquarie University in 1981 and completed an MA in Creative Arts at ECU in 2000.
In January 2014 Carolyn moved back to Sydney to explore new artistic ventures. She now lives on the Central Coast of NSW and recently joined the Arts Studio Cooperative in North Gosford, where she has a studio.
Throughout her training, career and practice she has experimented with digital media techniques, drawing, water colour and mixed media. Painting is her passion and she is committed to the discipline of advancing her work in new ways.
‘Her unique blend of materials and techniques manifest in powerful alchemical statements about the nature of nature’. (David Giles, artist)
one hundredth gallery is proud to be working as a sales agent for Carolyn Griffiths.
To inquire about, or purchase Carolyn’s artwork, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 00 1234.
- 2017 Tuggerah Lakes Art Society Fine Art Exhibition, Art House NSW
- 2017 Then & Now, Art Studios Gallery & Cooperative Gosford NSW
- 2016 Textiles, Art Studios Gallery & Cooperative Gosford NSW
- 2015 Small Works, Art Studios Gallery & Cooperative Gosford NSW
- 2014 Stories, Art Studios Gallery & Cooperative Gosford NSW
- 2013 Wild Twig Studio/Galleries Fremantle, Artist-In Residence, member, exhibitions, demonstrations & events
- 2013 2 Artists, Traces of Motion Moores Building Fremantle
- 2012-2015 100th Gallery South Melbourne online and Gallery
- 2012 Blend(er) Gallery HERE&NOW Joondalup Arts in Focus Exhibition
- 2011-2013 Members’ Exhibitions, Ellis House Maylands WA
- 2011-12 Choice Art HSB Bank Offices Perth, works on consignment
- 2011-12 Hale School and MT Lawley Senior High School Auctions & Exhibitions
- 2011-2012 Studio 281, Maylands (works on consignment, joint exhibitions)
- 2011 Kingfisher Gallery, Monet Gallery Works on Consignment
- 2011 Moores Building Freedom School Exhibition, November
- 2010 Brunswick Street Gallery, Small Works Exhibition Brunswick, Melbourne
- 2010 Freight Gallery Fremantle WA Lost in Paint
- 2010 Moores Building The Freedom Painting School Exhibitions
- 2009 Atwell Galleries Members’ Exhibitions, Ellis House Members’ Exhibitions Moores Building -The Freedom School
- 2008 Victoria Park Centre for the Arts, Members’ Exhibition
- 2017 Natural Forms, Art Studios Gallery & Cooperative Gosford NSW
- 2016 Lakeside Nuances, Art Studios Gallery & Cooperative Gosford NSW
- 2015 Relocation, Art Studios Gallery & Cooperative Gosford NSW
- 2013 Small Works Exhibition 100th Gallery, Melbourne
- 2012 In the Spirit David Giles Gallery, Fremantle
- 2012 Artist-In-Residence & Exhibition, Ellis House
- 2011 Visual Tempos University of Western Australia Club
- 2011 Bank Works Bendigo Bank, Bayswater
- 2010 Rare Earth Artspace Gallery in Nedlands
- 2010 Bold & Beautiful Perth Concert Hall, Members Gallery, Ainslie Gatt Art Consultancy
- 2009 Transience Victoria Park Centre for the Arts
- 2003 Corporeal States State University of NY at Albany U.S.A Theater Gallery Dance & Interactive Media
- 2002 Collective Momentum 1 (March) and Collective Momentum 2 (November) State University of NY Albany U.S.A.-Performance Theatre & Art Gallery, Dance & Interactive Media
- 2001 Virtual Shadows Dance and video installation Arts House Gallery, Northbridge WA.
- 2012 First Place, Northam Art Awards
- 2010 High Commendation, City of Bayswater Art Awards
- 2010 Second Prize, Victoria Park Arts Centre
- Autumn Gold, 100x100cm, Melbourne 2008
- Secular Spaces 90x100cm & Set In Motion 80x100cm 2009 New York, U.S.A.
- The Other Room Diptych, 130x60cm, 2010 Byron Bay 2010
- Pelmets, 5 x 1.5 meter strips mounted over curtains, Melbourne 2010
- Monoliths 90x90cm & Desert Spaces 90 x 100cm, NY, U.S.A.
- Diploma of Education – Coburg College of Advanced Education Melbourne 1973
- BA Arts – Macquarie University N.S.W. 1983
- MA in Creative Arts – Edith Cowen University Western Australia, 2000