Carolyn Griffiths is a contemporary painter who works from her home in Maylands. Born in Melbourne in 1949, she has been practising art over twenty-five years in schools and the community and she began abstract painting in 2005. Over the years Carolyn has worked collaboratively on many multi-arts projects with artists and musicians, scoping the multifaceted connections across the arts.
Her arts teaching experience has ranged from primary and secondary schools in NSW, Victoria and WA, to Notre Dame University, Fremantle, Curtin University and from 2001 – 2004, dance and interactive arts media at the State University of New York, Albany in the US. Carolyn trained in sculpture and painting at Coburg College of Advanced Education 1965-1968 during a teaching degree, gained a BA at Macquarie University in 1981 and completed an MA in Creative Arts at ECU in 2000.
‘Her unique blend of materials and techniques manifest in powerful alchemical statements about the nature of nature’. (David Giles, artist)
one hundredth gallery is proud to be working as a sales agent for Carolyn Griffiths.
To inquire about, or purchase Carolyn’s work, please contact Charles at one hundredth gallery at email@example.com or 0413 00 1234.
- 2007 Kristy’s Gallery East Perth &, Studio 281 on consignment
- 2008 – 2009 Victoria Park Centre for the Arts, Members’ & Freedom School Exhibitions
- 2008 – 2009 Atwell Galleries – Members’ Exhibitions,
- 2008 – 2009 Ellis House – Members’ Exhibitions,
- 2008 – 2009 The Freedom School, Moores Building,
- 2010 Brunswick Street Gallery, Brunswick, Melbourne
- 2010 Lost in Paint (joint) Freight Gallery
- 2010 & 2011 The Freedom School Exhibitions, Moores Building
- 2011 Work on Consignment Kingfisher Gallery, Monet Gallery (current)
- 2012 Blend(er) Gallery HERE&NOW Joondalup Arts in Focus Exhibition, 10-21 January.
- 2012 In the Spirit-David Giles Gallery, Fremantle, 9-16 February
- 2011 Visual Tempos-University of Western Australia Club
- 2011 Solo Exhibition – Bendigo Bank, Bayswater
- 2010 Rare Earth Artspace Gallery in Nedlands.
- 2010 Bold & Beautiful -Perth Concert Hall, Members Gallery, Ainslie Gatt Consultancy
- 2009 Transience -Victoria Park Centre for the Arts
- 2003 Corporeal States – State University of NY at Albany U.S.A Theater Gallery
- 2002 Collective Momentum – State University of NY Music & Art Galleries at Albany, U.S.A.
- 2001 Virtual Shadows – Dance and video installation, Arts House Gallery, Northbridge
- 2000 Group Liquid Vertigo-Dance video Installation Studio 3 WAAPA.
- 2000 Dance/Video Installation, Orange Tree House, Northbridge
- 2010 – High Commendation, City of Bayswater Art Awards
- 2010 – Second Prize, Victoria Park Arts Centre
- Autumn Gold, 100x100cm, Melbourne 2008
- Secular Spaces 90x100cm & Set In Motion 80x100cm 2009New York, U.S.A.
- The Other Room Diptych, 130x60cm, 2010 Byron Bay 2010
- Pelmets, 5 x 1.5 meter strips mounted over curtains, Melbourne 2010
- Monoliths 90x90cm & Desert Spaces 90 x 100cm, NY, U.S.A.
- Diploma of Education – Coburg College of Advanced Education Melbourne 1973
- BA Arts – Macquarie University N.S.W. 1983
- MA in Creative Arts – Edith Cowen University Western Australia, 2000